Monday 17 April 2017

We're back (in London, for like, years..)

So, let's see where I left off. Oh yeah, it was like 5 years ago. I was in Brighton. I had a newborn and a toddler. I was tandem breastfeeding... And then I just disappeared. Writing stopped.

In retrospect, I wonder if I stopped writing because I couldn't commit the life I was living to paper?

I want to fast forward. I don't want to tell the story of Shaun or the story of becoming a single parent. I don't want to relive those memories or hash out those unresolved feelings. Not yet. I just want to jump back in. Pick up from where I left off and maybe even feel, just a teeny bit like myself again. If you know me, you'll read this and nod your head. You'll know that I have had some rough times, but that things are getting better.

Sebastian is now 7 and Charlie is 5. My kids go to school. I teach three yoga classes a week to elderly people. I am a school run mum. I'm renting a two bedroom flat in SE London and I am completely grateful to our circle of friends and the families of children my sons go to school with. We feel part of a community and its wonderful.

We have just finished Easter break and it's time to go back to school. I can't say I am looking forward to it. There was a time when I counted the days before they went back to school/ nursery; I desperately needed a break! As we move forward in our lives together, the boys are growing up, our bond is tighter than ever and we have recovered so much from the dark years. I actually enjoy our moments together so much more.

I have a few health concerns, but nothing too serious. I have a multi-nodule goitre on my thyroid. I believe I am also entering the menopause. I started putting on weight a few years ago, so I am wondering if it's all linked up? I don't practice a whole lot of yoga to my dismay. I do walk a fair amount. I have routines set for my kids, but not many for myself. I think 2017 should be my year of self care. I have been to an Ayurvedic doctor and also a kinesiologist recently to try and balance my hormones and potentially reduce or completely rid myself of health concerns! Watch this space.

I'd like to do some more writing again. That's why I am starting here. I don't feel as though I have anything of major urgency to share, but I do feel like I want to.

I leave you with a picture of Seb and Charlie, wearing towels as capes, transporting the laundry via skateboard from the house to the garden shed (where the dryer is located).

TTFN xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment